Year of Commencement: 1792.
Original Architect: James Hoban.
Architecture style: Late Georgian.
Building Exterior: Aquia Sandstone, painted white.
Length: 168 feet.
Width: 85 feet 6 inches without porticoes (152 feet wide with porticoes).
Height: 70 feet on the South and 60 feet 4 inches on the North.
Acres Enclosed by its fences: 18.
Floor Area (total of 6 floors): roughly 55,000 square feet.
Year Electricity Was Installed: 1891.
First President to Occupy the Building: John Adams.
Average Number of Visitors: 6,000 visitors a day or more than 2 million each year.
In 1901, President Theodore Roosevelt gave the White House its current name. Until then, the building had been referred to as the "President's Palace," the "President's House," and the "Executive Mansion."
The building's kitchen has 5 full-time chefs and serves dinner for up to 140 guests and hors d'oeuvres for more than 1,000.
The grounds and its building include a tennis court, a movie theater, several pool tables, and even a bowling alley.
In 1814, the building was set fire and scorched by the British during the War of 1812.
For more information on White House Facts, see the Official Website.